Group Assignment 2.2
Organize a design session following these guidelines to gather feedback to the scenarios.
- One member from the design team will lead the design session (other team members should not be present in the design session)
- 2…3 people who belong to the target group of the designed system
- Printed copies of each scenario without questions (one copy for each participant)
- One printed copy of each scenario with questions (for the designer)
- Pens and papers for visualizing design ideas and taking notes
- Digital audio recorder (smartphone should be fine)
Space: quiet and private space with chairs and tabels for writing and possible drawing
Time: 1…2 hours
- Introduce yourself and your design project shortly.
- Explain that the session is organized to gather feedback to short stories that present early design ideas.
- Ask permission to take audio recording of the design session. Start the recording.
- Give the first scenario to the participants (one copy for each) and let them read it through.
- Discuss the scenarios based on the prepared questions. You don’t have to follow the questions strictly, they are for starting the discussion.
- Repeat this process with all other scenarios.
Documenting the design session:
- Write a short summary of the design session where you list feedback for each scenario.
- DO NOT publish the audio recording.
Due date: 28.02.2016
- Design session summary contains basic data about the design session (date, duration, name of the designer, some anonymous info about the participants)
- Design session summary contains discussed topics and ideas, grouped by scenarios
- Privacy of the participants is protected (no names, no audio recording)
Max points: 5