Credits: 5 ECTS
To obtain basic knowledge about principles and methods of interface and interaction design. To familiarize the students with the interaction design process and to develop group work skills.
Introduction to interaction design. Personas. Scenario-based design. Involving stakeholders in the participatory design process. Concept mapping. User stories. Low fidelity prototyping techniques: paper prototyping and wireframes. Testing the paper prototypes. User interface design patterns. User interface prototyping: tools and techniques. Developing user interface prototypes.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand the design process of software user interfaces;
- choose appropriate methods for involving stakeholders in the design process;
- write personas, scenarios and user stories;
- create and test paper prototypes;
- develop user interface prototypes according to usability principles and design patterns.
Hans Põldoja, email@example.com
Course information in study information system ÕIS